I Loves You, Space Penguin

I told myself on Saturday that I’d buy that silly Porg-shaped picture disc if Everybody’s had any copies remaining on Wednesday.  I’m not one for waiting, so I stopped in on Tuesday instead.  I’m glad I went early as they only had one Porg left.  I stuck it between two much cooler records and checked out when no other customers were looking.

I talked to the store manager while paying and he said they’d sold twenty of the things.  I’m not sure who these other nineteen nerds are, but I kinda like that they’re out there.

This entry was posted in uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to I Loves You, Space Penguin

I’m pretty sure that’s a Shmoo.

2. Laurie says:

What does the Porg play?

Porg plays two songs from The Last Jedi score by John Williams. “The Rebellion Is Reborn” and “Canto Bight”

Porg was purchased as a wall decoration. I haven’t listened to the record yet.

He’s super cute, but, I’m not up on what he is.

Porgs were the comic relief in the Star Wars movie that came out last year.

• Laurie says:

They had to come up with Porgs because the Scottish island they were shooting those scenes on were full of puffins, all over the landscape, and they weren’t allowed to disturb them, so they wound in up all the shots. So they digitized the Porgs in over the puffins so it wouldn’t look like Earth.

I watched hours of bonus features on the blu-ray disc (including behind-the-scenes footage of shooting on the island) and they didn’t even mention that once. Seems like it should’ve gotten its own documentary.

From Puffins to Porgs: Developing the Galaxy’s Best Birds!

Thanks for the info.