On Feet, Logs, and Campfires

I recently visited my website when I wasn’t logged into WordPress.  I was disappointed to see as many as three advertisements attached to each of my posts.  And two of the ads featured images of naked feet.  Toes and heels and arches displayed in provocative ways trying to get me to click on them.  Toenails trying to get me to buy stuff.  Grrrr.

So I gave WordPress $40 to make the naked feet go away.  WP certainly pushed the right button with me.  I’m not sure how they knew.

The upgrade removed all the naked feet advertisements and gave me an extra 3GB of storage space.  That’s good as I’d used over 98% of my initial allotment and had been rationing out my remaining space for the last year.

To celebrate, I’d like to post this huge picture I took yesterday of two vintage photographs on my floor.  I got these two at Fairlook Antiques during my most recent trip to Seattle.  I bought thirteen photos on that trip and I suppose I’ll post more of them during the next couple weeks.  The $40 can’t be all about naked feet, right?

I haven’t given these two photos names yet–something I do when I scan them–but I suppose I’ll call the one on the left “The Log Lady.”  The one on the right will probably be given a cumbersome title like “Young Woman Contemplates Her Existence While Staring Into a Seemingly Invisible Campfire.”

This entry was posted in uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to On Feet, Logs, and Campfires

I have never seen an ad here.

WordPress has been attaching ads to posts for years, but I never got a firm grasp on under what circumstances the ads were visible (and to whom). The only time I could see them was when I’d look at outgoingsignals while logged out. I’m glad you haven’t been seeing them all these years.

• Paul Thie says:

I stopped paying the $40. How bad are the ads at EZ-LX?
        ps. I always enjoy the vintage photo posts. Where there’s campsmoke there’s campfire.

How bad are your ads? I guess it depends on how much you dig naked feet.

I’ve got another photo post lined up, but I can’t decide if my theme should be high pants or cowgirls…or if I should just post the one I have of a cowgirl wearing high pants.

How anyone thinks toenails would inspire a purchase (other than of an ad-free website, obviously) is beyond me.

I don’t remember what the ads were supposed to be selling, but I’d guess their true purpose was to drive WP’s ad-free upgrade. Totally worked.