(Photo of) Vintage Photo(s) of the Day #2

Did you see yesterday’s post?  If so, you might be interested in the second post in my (Po)VPotD series.  It’s this one right here.

I’ve always had a fondness for vintage photographs showing people playing (or at least posing with) stringed instruments.  Although I don’t have a specific stringed instrument tag to use as a link, I think I’ve shared six or seven of them here over the years.  I remember a few girls playing ukuleles and at least one guy who looked like Emmet Ray from Sweet and Lowdown.

Dang, it just occurred to me that I should’ve called this post “Dueling Banjos” instead of that wordy title with the unsightly pound sign and all those unnecessary parentheses.  But is Winnie even playing a banjo?  It has the right shape but looks awfully small.  Is there such thing as a mini banjo?  I don’t know the answer to that question.  I could look it up online and know in 20 seconds, but I think I’d rather just leave it.  I think I’ll wait until I meet someone who plays the banjo and ask them.

This entry was posted in uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to (Photo of) Vintage Photo(s) of the Day #2

Winnie is sitting in front of some interestingly arched door frames, I think.

Or door shadows. Or maybe a loggia.

3. Laurie says:

It looks like a small banjo to me (not that I’m expert in these things). Maybe just a child’s banjo. Those women yesterday were sort of playing stringed instruments, with their tennis rackets. (Yes, I did see yesterdays’ post.)

I originally thought I’d put these two photos together with the tennis racquets one from yesterday to form a single post, but I eventually decided that the racquets shot looked better with the stack of football girls. I sometimes think too much about these things.

Small/child’s banjo sounds about right.

4. Aussie Emjay says:

Yes, I saw yesterday’s post and I love Winnie’s socks & shoes in today’s post.

fee fi fiddly i o !

These comments are awesome. I have to go see yesterday’s post.