I miss writing about music, so I’ve decided to do a quick post in which I rank the top 5 releases put out by Sub Pop Records so far this year. Here they are all arranged neatly on my front room rug:
- B-Sides and Rarities by Beach House – As the title would suggest, this is a collection of rare non-album tracks that originally appeared on compilations and 7″ records. In addition, there are two previously unreleased songs. Strangely enough, I find that this collection works almost as well as the band’s three preceding albums. B-Sides and Rarities is definitely the best Sub Pop release of 2017.
- Red Comb – I purchased this comb at the Sub Pop store in Sea-Tac Airport. I keep this comb in my gym backpack and occasionally use it to comb my hair after a workout.
- Green Comb – I carry this one in the bag I take with me on walks. This green comb came in handy once at a coffee shop.
- Blue Comb – Some people rate the blue comb higher than the green one, but those people are wrong.
- Other Red Comb – I thought about going with Father John Misty’s Pure Comedy, but that record gets kind of samey after about twenty minutes. The other red comb is definitely better.