7WPBoFT

Do you remember when I used to collect vintage photographs depicting women on/near boats or ships?  Well, it turns out that there were too many of them floating around out there.  Thousands.  A trip to the antiques store could easily cost me $40.  And that started cutting into my pineapple fried rice fund.  What did I do?  Did I stop eating pineapple fried rice?  No, I retired that collection and started a new, more focused one.

I now only collect vintage photos showing women precariously balanced on fallen trees.  To narrow it down even further, I have decided to only collect vintage photos showing seven women precariously balanced on fallen trees.  So far I’ve found two:
The first photo doesn’t have anything written on the back.  The second one has a wealth of information.  According to the old-timey cursive, this second shot shows Esther Johnson’s Sunday school class on an outing to Fox Island, Washington (near Tacoma).  The girls are listed as being Vivian, Marie, Dorothy, Mayme, Linhlad, Vera, and Christine.
“Is this right?” is written next to Linhlad’s name.  I’m guessing probably not.

This entry was posted in uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to 7WPBoFT

Did these come from Fairlook?

Linhlad looks like someone with personality!

I wonder if the footwear in the top one was Edwardian hiking boots.

1. Yes. They’re from my visit in March.

2. And she’s got the best hair.

3. I wouldn’t know, but I definitely noticed how everyone in both pictures is wearing the same shoe style. Lace-up boots in the first one, and a shorter shoe with a heel in the second.

in the top picture the leg shadow and the box on the rocks are uncanny

Yeah, I like the shadows. I assumed that was the camera box sitting on the rocks there. I’ve got an old Polaroid that came with a fancy box sort of like that.

the shadow is super solid while the box pixilates into into the rock

6. Pingback: (* = I also took two pillows.) | Outgoing Signals