VPotD: “Oh no, must be the season of the…

…spooky woman from the 1940s wearing long robes out in the woods next to a boulder, yeah.”

seasonI purchased the above photograph for $3 at Fairlook Antiques during my most recent trip to Seattle.  There was no way this one was staying in the store.  I had to take it home with me so I could figure out what the picture reminds me of.  I’ve had it for three weeks and I still haven’t figured it out.  Here’s what I know:

• Sometime within the last decade (5 or 6 years, more likely) a band released an album that featured a similar image on its front cover.  A long-haired woman wearing robes outdoors.  I think she might’ve had a sword held upright over her head.  Or pointing toward the foreground.  That sounds like death metal imagery, but I think the release in question was fairly mainstream.

I don’t remember anything else.  Does that sound familiar to you?  I hope it rings a bell with someone out there.  If not, I’ll probably have to carry the photo around with me and show it to all the area record store clerks.  I really don’t want to be that guy.

This entry was posted in uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to VPotD: “Oh no, must be the season of the…

happy to help, looks like ozzy

She kinda looks like Natalie Merchant.

Neko Case Middle Cyclone?

I have nothing to offer, but this conversation made me chuckle.

UPDATE: I found the record I had in mind. It’s II by Unknown Mortal Orchestra.

It seems I may have misremembered a bit, but I can see what I had in mind…especially with the trees and the rock.

It could one of the Nordic comps.

7. Emily @ Books, the Universe & Everything says:

I enjoyed opening my feed reader this weekend and finding three posts here featuring vintage photos, but this one is the best. So unusual and strange – it’s excellent.

8. Pingback: books, the universe, and everything | The Month: August 2016