Flight of the Conchords @ the Palace Theatre (6/14/16)

Here’s a list of completely imaginary titles to go with the seven brand new Flight of the Conchords songs Flight of the Conchords played during their recent “Flight of the Conchords Sing Flight of the Conchords” concert at the Palace Theatre up in Columbus.  I have made up alternate titles for each song and will probably continue to call the songs by these fake titles even after they’ve been given proper ones by the band (just as I still refer to Wilco’s “A Shot in the Arm” as “Ashtray Sez”).

1. Our Latest Party Jam/Chips and Dips
  2. My Little Guy/Trevor
  3. The Story of a Dangerous Man/Stana**
  4. Shady Rachael & Jazzy B/Spoons
  5. (I’m a Piano-Playing) Seagull/Jemaine Explains
  6. The Summer of 1353/(How to) Woo a Lady
  7. One Hot Leg/Let’s Fuck on the Ceiling/Sex Tips!

In addition to these seven new songs, Bret and Jemaine played nine old songs (and parts of two more).  I’m not going to bother writing them out.  Frankly, I’m tired of that Belgian clown swiping the setlists and sticking them up elsewhere all out of order.  This one’s staying in my little black setlist book.

Hey look, pictures!

The concert was hilarious.  I got facial cramps from smiling so much.

This entry was posted in uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Flight of the Conchords @ the Palace Theatre (6/14/16)

The moody visuals accompanying #4 were just about the best thing I’ve seen in a music concert. The piano solo in #5 and the autoharp and recorders in #6 were exceptionally nice touches as well.

#4 pretty much guarantees I’ll never be able to take Tom Waits seriously again. I’ll just start laughing when I see him.

Speaking of visuals, I thought the lighting on “Bowie” was particularly impressive.

Sailor Babeau est tres magnifique!
    Sounds like a great show. They played or will play at the outdoor place here where NC played last time, not a huge fan of that place really.
    ok I have to mow the lawn before it gets hot out.

Beth and I decided to see FotC at the old Palace Theatre instead of at an ugly outdoor venue in the more roadtrip-worthy city of Chicago. We’re too old to sit on lawns. We had a surprisingly good time in Columbus, though. Good art museum.

who took the spoons and who did the art?

The question of who took the spoons is too complicated to address in these comments. I can tell you, however, that I did the art. The Flight of the Conchords art, that is. I was disappointed that they didn’t have a show-specific concert poster for sale at the merch table, so I made one the next day at the Columbus Museum of Art’s Picasso exhibit.

Sounds like a great time!

5. steph says:

Weeee! Can’t wait to see them in ATL next month.

I tried to score tickets for the ATL show using my many Ticketmaster scam vouchers, but I kept getting error messages over and over again. I wouldn’t have used the tickets, but it still made me grumpy that my vouchers wouldn’t work.

Do you know who your opening act is? We had Eugene Mirman. It was my first time seeing stand-up comedy, but I liked him a lot.

Anyway, have fun!

(** = I have learned since writing this post that “Stana” has been around for awhile. Although it’s unrecorded, it’s not officially new.)