Cathie and her record player

I think I’m supposed to be collecting vintage photographs of people laughing at ceramic animals, but those are proving remarkably difficult to come by.  I’ve decided to drift back to my record player theme.  Here’s my most recent acquisition (just click on the back to see the front):

cathie and her record player (back)

(cathie and her record player)

Hey, that was kind of a fun way to share pictures (at least for me).  I think I’m going to do a few more like that.  Here are the backs of some additional photographs that wouldn’t otherwise get posted due to their lack of thematic relevance:

ingrid smoking (back)

(always yours, ingrid)

tubby joe carrol and friends (back)

(tubby)

four men (back)

(middags maar?)

Okay, maybe that wasn’t fun at all.  Mostly it was just extra scanning for me and extra clicking for you.  Sorry.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.

This entry was posted in uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Cathie and her record player

1. “Here Klaara…afternoon meal during our tour?”

Trying to figure out what the last one says. Nothing about apples in that note.

Sorry, I never learned Dutch except for a few tourist phrases. “Goeiedag!”

The first photo is cute.

I plugged the last one into a German–>English translator and came up empty. Now I know why. I should’ve recognized the Dutch as I’ve been over there a couple times.

I thought the picture showed four men eating apples, but I noticed while making this post that it looks like they’ve got potatoes instead. That makes me like the photo a lot less. I’m not a potato fan.

I want that first photo.

3. Laurie says:

That was fun, I think you could do it again. I, for one, expected a teenager in the first pic, so laughed with surprise when it was a teeny girl.

Ingrid looks like she demands remembering — I don’t think she needed to write the note.

The handwriting differences are as interesting as the photos.
    Harry, Tubby and Jim were a failed vaudeville team.

I didn’t use my favorite handwriting sample. It looked like the writer got drunker and drunker as he described the picture. His scrawl stopped mid-word.

No no no! That wasn’t extra work or boring at all. What fun!
    That little Cathie is so proud of her record player! And I was also going to say that Ingrid doesn’t look like anyone would ever forget her!
    Tubby!

It looks like the Lauri(e)s thought that worked. Perhaps I’ll do it again when I get some more photos was stuff written on the back.

Tubby! His body isn’t even that big by today’s standards, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a larger head.

6. phantomxii says:

The little girl with the record player is a great picture.