This will eventually be a write-up about the concert Beth and I saw at the Triple Door last night, but I have a feeling that it’s going to take me a couple days to put together some coherent paragraphs about what we witnessed and figure out the titles for the Peter Buck songs (none of which I’d ever heard before). Some of that is due to the status of my brain mush; the rest has to do with the fact that I’m writing this on a wonky laptop and an iPad that doesn’t get along with WordPress.  Just consider this a work in progress and check back later if you’re interested in the finished product.

In the meantime, here are the (mostly) complete setlists for Robyn Hitchcock and the Young Fresh Fellows:

Robyn Hitchcock:

Solo set: Only the Stones Remain/The Cheese Alarm/Dismal City/The Wreck of the Arthur Lee/Sometimes a Blonde/Alright, Yeah/Savannah

Band set: Chinese Bones/Flesh Number One (Beatle Dennis)/Up to Our Nex/Airscape/Goodnight Oslo/Kingdom of Love/Olé Tarantula/Viva! Sea-Tac

Encore: Queen of Eyes

Young Fresh Fellows:

Setlist: Where Is Groovy Town?/When the Girls Get Here/”such a terrible thing”/Fair Exchange/The Guilty Ones/Go Blue Angels Go/Georgy Girl/Love Luggage/Mamie Dunn, Employee of the Month/If You Believe in Cleveland/Taco Wagon/Hank, Karen and Elvis/Don’t You Wonder How It Ends?

Peter Buck:

Setlist: So Long Johnny/I’m Alright/Gimme Back My Wig/”wake up, Texas”/10 Million BC/Vaso Loco/Hard Old World/”gotta get outta the house”/I’m Alive

(Triple Door setlists – 10/29/12)

Also, feel free to check out this post about a similar concert we saw at the same venue a couple years back.

This entry was posted in uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Robyn Hitchcock, the Young Fresh Fellows, and Peter Buck @ the Triple Door (10/29/12)

You forgot “Airscape”… or maybe you’re still reconstructing the set list.

I didn’t forget any of the songs. It just took me awhile to get accurate titles. I called that one “Element of Light” in my notes…despite the fact that I knew it wasn’t the real title. I eventually got it. The Robyn Hitchcock and YFF setlists are both (mostly) finished now.

It was a great show. I’m glad you made it out here for it.

Thanks for getting the tickets. I had a great time. I still don’t know which one of the Fellows killed Chef Nordo, but I don’t even care anymore; I’m just happy we got to hear them play “Georgy Girl”.

3. phantomxii says:

I would like to have seen this show. Very much good things.

It was a good show, but for some reason I can’t find the motivation to return to this post and finish it. I really should have written down Robyn Hitchcock’s between-songs banter; that would’ve been a good place to start.