“Little Tourist Girl on CRUISE SHIP – Lot of 5 vintage photos”

The woman who sells old photographs at my local antiques store hasn’t updated her stock since last summer, so I’ve been forced to look elsewhere for pictures that meet my specific collection requirements.  I think it seems wrong to use a modern convenience like eBay to find vintage photographs, but I still stop by every few weeks and do the following four searches:

• woman + boat
  • woman + ship
  • girl + boat
  • girl + ship

Last week I got an interesting result for the last of those searches. It wasn’t exactly what I had in mind, but I liked the pictures and bought them anyway. Here’s what I got:

I count four different outfits.  I wonder how long Little Tourist Girl was at sea.

This entry was posted in uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to “Little Tourist Girl on CRUISE SHIP – Lot of 5 vintage photos”

Aww! I like her little wicker chair.

2. She is Darling! I like the one with her little stuffed bunny, SO sweet!

Cute!
    Looks like there was some cooler weather and some nice warm weather, too.

The date stamp on the back of the pictures says Feb. 1954. Brrr! Put some pants on that kid!

• Lauri says:

I wonder if they cruised far south in the Caribbean. It could get warm enough down there.

Maybe they took a trip in the summer of ’53 and forgot to develop their pictures until the next winter.

One thing I know for sure is that I’m not going to investigate any further. I’ve already done the online sleuth-thing (or sleuthing).

4. Lurkertype says:

I think in the 4th photo, she’s using an upside-down table as a horsie.

5. Jane says:

What exactly are the specific requirements? Because I have a couple of Papa’s that could meet them. Can they be older women? Do they have to be actually on a boat or can they be beside it? Era? Can a woman and a girl be in the same shot (I’m sure there is one of them because I remember thinking the kid ruined the photo – I’m still considering cloning her out).

According to an earlier post, my collection of vintage photographs is limited to those that meet the following standard:

…black & white photographs of women on or near ships, boats, and various sailing vessels. I particularly like it if it looks like the women are about to head off on a journey.

I suppose I would also consider a color photograph as long as it was pre-1974. Children are welcome, although the pictures shown above are the first ones I’ve gotten that feature them. More than one person can be in the picture, but I’ve never gotten one yet with a man in it.

I’d be interested in seeing what you have. Of course, I’d be interested in seeing just about any of the Papa’s Slidebox pics. They’re always good.