In which the true depths of my obsession are revealed!

Okay, here is the best available shot of the as yet unidentified fourth woman from my vintage photographs:

mystery woman #4

And here is a mosaic of all the candidates she could possibly be.  There was one other woman, but she reminded me of a duck so I eliminated her to get the 6×6 square.  I probably could’ve eliminated another dozen or so candidates, but I left everyone else in because I like the way the big mosaic looks.  I believe there are five or six possible matches, but I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts.

For ease of discussion, let’s label the columns A-F and the rows 1-6.  Someone could say, for instance, that A4 has a resemblance to Mystery Woman #2 or that F6 is in the bottom right-hand corner.

UPDATE #1: Added a new mosaic with the designations on it for easier discussion.

UPDATE #2: Added an edited mosaic with the first round of eliminated candidates clearly marked.  These were based on Homey’s “narrowing-down.jpg”, comments from LT and Cranky, and my own personal opinion.

UPDATE #3: Added another matrix with a few more Ghostbuster emblems.

This entry was posted in uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to In which the true depths of my obsession are revealed!

C5. Because of her eyebrows.

2. Lurkertype says:

I think more eliminations need to be made. For instance, she’s not B4, obviously, who I think is part Vulcan. I don’t think she’s F4 either. A5 has the wrong shape jaw. And I’m not sure about C5’s hairline matching our mystery woman.

B3 is working that Bette Davis look for all she’s worth, isn’t she?

• homebody says:

I think you’re right about the need to eliminate. Here’s my idea of a first-pass:

Eliminating the obvious ones is a good idea, but I find that you’ve already cut a couple of my favorites…like E3.

And I’m finding that my columns vs. rows designation is confusing. I’m going to see if I can alter the original matrix and put their numbers or names on it.

@Homey – I’ve added a new mosaic with the numbers and letters on it. Please use it if you make any additional cuts. I was confusing myself before and it got especially hard to follow when you narrowed it down.

I had it narrowed down to 5, then 2, and they were E3 and D4, D4 being my #1. but….I’m not convinced it’s any of them.

let’s see the one that didn’t make the grid!!

• crankypants says:

haha enabler! you know he’s buying it. and if he doesn’t I will (the obsession is catching :-P).

Oh, I’ve spent so much time going through the digital version of that yearbook. I don’t think I could handle having the real one in my house. I’d probably read it over and over again and then create a painstakingly detailed red ink version while slowly going insane.

B2 reminds me of Rachel Griffiths (and someone else I can’t think of)

A1 reminds me of Leslie Caron.

D4 reminds me of your mother.

Make that D6 reminds me of your mother. I can’t count!

The only one of these women who even slightly resembles my mom is E2. Once again, you have proven that you have no idea what she looks like.

A3 reminds me of the blonde woman in Garfunkel & Oates…or whatever the name of that unfunny comedy duo is.

F2 reminds me of Naomi Watts.

9. B2 B2 B2!!! She jumped out at me like none of the other ladies, the other one I thought was C5 but her hairline is wrong, B2!!!

10. JennyExiled says:

B2 – definitely.

(I didn’t read any of the other comments – but I see the two above me agree with me.)

11. JennyExiled says:

Also? This has been the most awesome thing ever and I need you to do this kind of crazy stuff at least once a month, okay? Thanks in advance!

(I literally busted out laughing when I got to the Ghostbuster grid.)

Okay, I have eliminated a few more. There seems to be a push for B2, but I have received an email from someone who claims that B2’s face isn’t flat enough and that she looks more like the other cyclist from the original photos. I don’t know what to think.

If there are any women still on the mosaic who need to be eliminated, just let me know. Then I could make a final mosaic that only shows the top choices.

Or we could just forget about this and go back to our daily lives.