the Minor Leagues @ the Taste of Cincinnati (5/29/11)

If you’d like to read a proper review of what it’s like to see the Minor Leagues perform at the Taste of Cincinnati, please take a look at the post I wrote last year.  I think all I’m going to do this time around is post a video of Sailor Babo dancing along to a song called “Travel Agent” at this year’s show.

I might add this year’s full setlist in here later, but that’s all for now:

Setlist: Elsewhere/Good Boys/The Pestilence is Coming/”it’s your lucky day…says the voice on the phone…”/You Can’t Go Home/”4th inning…that was only the beginning…”/A Chance Encounter (In Cincinnati Tonight)/Travel Agent/Social Club/Run Another Red Light/The World is Mine/French Canadia

This entry was posted in uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to the Minor Leagues @ the Taste of Cincinnati (5/29/11)

Thank you for braving public transportation in the name of rock and roll.

Taking the bus wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. There were some minor mishaps with the timing, but that’s to be expected when taking public transportation in a new city. I don’t know if I’ll use the bus again, but it’s nice to know that it’s there and I can take it downtown and back if the need ever arises.

And I certainly enjoyed not having to look for a parking place at the Taste of Cincinnati.

2. Vishy says:

I liked Sailor Babo’s dance 🙂 Looking forward to the setlist.

Thanks. I added most of the setlist, but it’s a holiday over here today and I don’t feel like putting in the time to figure out the other song titles right now. I should be outside enjoying the sun and eating massive quantities of food.

If you have any interest, the band’s website offers four songs for free download. One of them, “A Chance Encounter (In Cincinnati Tonight)”, is about the city where I live. It’s a pretty good song…and one that I think could be categorized in that mysterious “pop rock” category you mentioned a few weeks ago.

3. phantomxii says:

The video of Babo dancing is the funniest thing I’ve seen all day. Of course, that could come off as a backhanded compliment, seeing as this hasn’t been a particularly amusing day. So, I’ll just say it’s very funny, and leave it at that.

4. Lurkertype says:

I love Babo really getting into it on the “1,2,3,4” part.